Rental Policies & Procedures
Thank you for making South Walton Realty your choice for your vacation! We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful beaches of South Walton. We have a few policies to follow that you will need to be aware of:
Our accommodations are privately owned, individually decorated and completely furnished including fully-equipped kitchens, washers and dryers and complete with linens. Rentals are NOT confirmed until a deposit is received; rentals are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Deposit & Guarantee Policy
A fifty percent (50%) advance deposit of the rental fee is due at the time of booking your reservation as well as the cost for your Security Deposit Protection Plan and Travel Insurance (see information below). These fees are accepted by Master Card/Visa only. The remaining balance is due 14 days prior to your arrival. With your consent, either by phone or email, we will apply this fee at that time to your credit card on file with us.
Security Deposit Protection
All reservations have the added benefit of CSA Security Deposit Protection, for a nominal fee of $30 per reservation, included in your rental fee to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay. There is no other Security Deposit required. If you are renting multiple units, the Security Deposit Protection Fee is charged for each unit rented. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1500.00 for interior damages. Any damages over $1500.00 will be charged to your credit card on file with us. By submitting payment for this reservation, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay South Walton Realty directly any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection.
For those who wish to opt out of the CSA Security Deposit Protection, the deposit requirement is $1500.00, payable at the time of booking in addition to the 50% advanced rental fee. This fee is refundable, provided there are no damages, within two weeks of departure, by company check.
Please note any damage to the rental unit upon your arrival and report it immediately to our office to avoid possible liability. If any loss or damage occurs during your stay, and you have purchased the above CSA Security Deposit Protection, you will need to notify us immediately.
South Walton Realty offers travel insurance to each rental for a nominal fee calculated at 6.95% of your total trip cost. This Insurance will protect you in the event of a cancellation. It will provide reimbursement of all pre-paid, non-refundable costs to you for a covered reason. This plan is optional. However, please note that South Walton Realty will at no time provide any refunds for any reason and that the only refunds available are those through CSA Travel Insurance. We recommend that you purchase CSA Travel Insurance at the time of booking your reservations to obtain the best possible coverage for any emergencies that may arise. Please remember, this fee is non-refundable.
You MUST notify South Walton Realty in the event you need to cancel your reservation.
There will be no refunds given unless you have purchased CSA's Travel Insurance. Guests covered under CSA's Travel Insurance are exempt from this loss if the reason for cancellation is covered under the travel insurance. To file your claim for cancellation, you will need to call us at 850.267.6010 AND call CSA at 866-999-4018.
Refunds for Mandatory Hurricane Evacuations are only given via purchasing CSA Travel Insurance. South Walton Realty will not issue refunds at any time for inclement weather.
CheckIn / CheckOut
Check in time is after 4:00 pm Central Time. If unit is delayed due to unavoidable circumstances, there will be no discount due to a later than normal check in. We make every effort to have you in on time or sooner. A code to enter your vacation home will be provided to you upon receipt of final payment that's due 14 days prior to arrival. Check out time is 10:00 am Central Time. Late checkouts may be available for an extra fee. All keys must be left in designated area in unit with spare key placed back in the outside lock box upon check out. If keys are not returned, there will be a $50 fee per key lost, charged to your credit card on file. If you are accidentally locked out of your rental during your stay, there will be a $50 fee for our staff to let you back in. Be sure upon check in that you place the entry key back into the outside lock box to avoid this happening.
There is no daily maid service. While our units are supplied with linens, it is up to each renter to wash those during their stay as needed. We supply a generous amount of linens per bath. You will need to provide your own beach towels – our linens are not allowed to leave the units.
We know you love your pets and we love them too, but pets are only permitted in pet-friendly rentals with advance notice to South Walton Realty. There is a mandatory pet fee of $25 to 50 per pet, which is non-refundable.
Please be aware that our county code enforcement does not allow pets on the beaches.
Occupancy Rules & Regulations
1. Pets are permitted only in pet friendly units with proper fees paid.
2. No smoking inside any rental unit.
3. The State of Florida fire marshall sets the number people permitted in rental units. This includes all children except infants in cribs.
4. No campers, trailers or motor homes are allowed to be hooked up or occupied while parked on the property. Some properties, especially condominiums do not allow vehicles other than automobiles due to limited parking.
5. Telephones are provided with a long distance block. All long distance calls must be placed on your credit card or calling card.
6. Household furnishings or linens are not to be removed from the property for use outside or in another unit.
7. Guests will be held responsible for repairs due to abuse or negligence. It is our desire that our guests relax and enjoy themselves. We will treat our guests with respect and consideration and ask that the same consideration be extended to us.
8. No house parties are allowed under any circumstances. Keep in mind our age requirements. We will check identification. In consideration of others, we ask that noise be kept to a reasonable level.
9. Should a rental property go on the market for sale we reserve the right to show it to qualified buyers. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at your convenience and not interrupt your stay. Units are occasionally removed from our rental program due to ownership changes. Should this occur to a confirmed reservation, every effort will be made to find a comparable substitute. South Walton Realty, Inc. will not be responsible for legal fees or costs incurred due to cancellations by our firm for your reservations due to a cancellation of this sort.
10. Units may not be sublet should any breach of the above rules and regulations occur, we reserve the right to require a guest to vacate and declare the entire rent, due any payable.